Sunday, July 11, 2010

INSPIRED BUTTERFLY for CREATE WITH... and COLOR THROWDOWN

This is one of those cards that I'm not going to disclose how long it took me to design it! I fiddled and fiddled with it throughout the day until finally coming up with an acceptable overall design that I'm pretty happy with. I combined two challenges: Create with Connie & Mary Sketch Challenge #106 and Color Throwdown #1oo of Real Red, Regal Rose, Baja Breeze, and Certainly Celery. I have always loved Real Red and Regal Rose together ... add some blue and green and you've got one terrific color combo!




RECIPE
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Flight of the Butterfly, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Sweet Always DP (retired), Whisper White, Real Red, Regal Rose, and Baja Breeze CS
Ink: Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, and Real Red
Embellishments: Baja Breeze Buttons, 1/4" Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Word Window Punch, Circle Cutter, Corner Rounder, Butterfly Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals


Thank you for stopping by today!

18 comments:

Created by Kath said...

This card makes me feel happy when I look at it. TFS

Rochelle said...

Very cute and girly!

Cassandra said...

Lovely! Definately makes me want to play too....TFS!

Carol L said...

Your card is really REALLY great! Thanks for playing along with the CTD!

Marisa said...

You are probably getting close to how long it takes me to make a card every time LOL! Love the final outcome! I can't wait to use this sketch as I just love it.

Karen said...

LOl! Glad you've made a card that took you ages to make Nancy - thought I was the only one who did that! he he!

What a beauty this one is! Love the colours, love the layout - you always tie everything together so well! Now.....do tell me, how do you get such beautiful clear photos of your cards? I'm struggling with that like you'd never believe!

Karen
x

Carrie Gaskin said...

All the work was completely worth it - this is just fantastic, Nancy!

Broni said...

Beautiful, Nancy! I love how you used our colors! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate our 100th Color Throwdown challenge!

dj said...

Oh I love all the polka dots...so beautifully put together!! Thanks for playing along with this special 100th Color Throwdown challenge !! Don't forget to "hop" around to all the blog stops and leave some love...this will make the members of the blog hop happy as well as increase your chances of winning!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Nancy! Love the butterfly and the grass in the BG. :o)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is a LOVELY card, one of my very faves!

Deb said...

You always do such awesome work! Thanks for sharing! This card is really great!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I LOVE what you did with this... the layout, Throwdown colors, perfect little details... FABULOUS card! Thanks for helping us celebrate this week!

Kisa Peters said...

Such a pretty card! The buttons are very cute and the layout is so fun!!

Thanks for playing along with us!

Colleen said...

Wow! Fabulous combination of these challenges!

Lisa Martz said...

What an adorable card! The colors are so summery and bright! Love the butterfly playing in the grass!

Mary Brown said...

I just love your style Nancy! The colors with the butterfly are just plain HAPPY! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Connie Babbert said...

Isn't it funny how some cards take so long to "gel"? I love the final result! I'm going to have to try Real Red and Regal Rose together! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary this week!