Thursday, June 24, 2010

BOOKWORM NOTE OF THANKS

I'm a Library Clerk at an elementary school so I just had to have this appropriate stamp set, First Day available in the current 2010 Summer Mini Catalog through Aug. 31. To order, go to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website.

I used the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge #48 as my inspiration to design a card I can use at my job as a thank you to book fair volunteers, fellow library clerks, etc. This stamp set is also perfect for teachers, ... and for parents to make cards and gifts for teachers!

The bookworm is watercolored with Wild Wasabi ink and an Aqua Painter, the book is paper pieced with Marina Mist cardstock (available July 1), and the google eyes are glued on with Tombo Adhesive over the bookworm's glasses.

RECIPE
Stamps: First Day, Thank You Kindly
Paper: Summer Picnic DP (retired), Basic Black, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Marina Mist CS
Ink: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi
Embellishments: Basic Black buttons (retired), google eyes (non-SU)
Tools: Spiral Punch, Aqua Painter
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombo Adhesive
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

17 comments:

Stef Perry said...

Nancy, that's adorable! I'm sure the recipients will be very appreciative of this darling card.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Nancy! Perfect color choices. I know that as a teacher, I would have loved to have received a card like this! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

LeAnne said...

SO cute!

Regina Mangum said...

This is so adorable! I just love the coloring on that worm...SO SWEET!

Anonymous said...

Oh my - this card is fantastic! The cutest dang thing! Love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Totally fun card, Nancy!

Mary Fish said...

What a whimsical and well executed card. Love, love the eyes on the bookworm . . . "he" goes to a whole new level of intellectual. Hugs, M

P.S. Thanks for playing the PPA sketch :)

corinnesomerville said...

This is so stinkin' adorable !!!!

Love ya ....miss ya !!

Marisa said...

Great use of the sketch, Nancy and I just love the googly eyes on the worm :D Totally darling card.

Sandy said...

Hey Nancy can you email me about becoming a Library clerk, love the card,I did try the Library Tech program here in Canada, found it above my head, didn't finish, just want to know if you had to go to school to become this or is it different in the states. email is kimble73@yahoo.ca Sandy thanks

Unknown said...

Nancy, love the cute googlie eyes you put on this cute bookworm! I'm a regular visitor to your blog and I hope you'll check out mine:

http://lovetostampandscrap.blogspot.com

Allison said...

So cute! Love the googly eyes and colours! I passed this set over but now I'm thinking I may order it after seeing how everyone is using it!

Linda Callahan said...

It's all about those eyes - makes that bug adorable! Perfect teacher card all the way around - so cute! So glad you joined us at PPA!

Shelley said...

So adorable! The googly eyes are so darn cute!

StinkerbellSteph said...

Absolutely love your little guy and project! So cute w/the googlies!

Kim said...

Wow Nancy, we must have been bitten by the same inspiration bug for the PPA!! hehe So of course I LOVE your card

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, how adorable!!! This is the cutest card I have seen done with this set. Love the elements and bold colors you chose, you really showcased the image.