Sunday, March 1, 2009

EASTER TEA PARTY

I've had this design in my head since I first saw Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday Sketch #75 earlier this week. This is my kind of sketch with all the fun and interesting layers, the row of brads, and scallop border! I couldn't WAIT to create it! Now that it's completed, I'm quite pleased (you don't hear me say THAT very often, do you?!). I combined the stamp set, A Good Egg with the new Tea Party Designer Paper.
RECIPE
Stamps: A Good Egg
Paper: Tea Party DP, Whisper White, So Saffron, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery, and Almost Amethyst CS
Ink: Basic Black
Embellishments: Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon, So Saffron Brads
Tools: Scallop Border Punch, 1/4", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Word Window Punch, Priceless Classy Brass Template, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals
Card Details:
* 1/4" Certainly Celery CS circles back each So Saffron Brad
* The paper piercing on the Certainly Celery 1 1/4" Circle behind the sentiment was created with the Priceless Classy Brass Template.

21 comments:

Kellie said...

The card is just adorable, I love it, you have used the sketch so well!
Kellie xx

Dawn Easton said...

Nancy, this is totally adorable!!! Love that chickie....hehe!

Wonderful soft colours and great DP choice!!

Anonymous said...

Super Cute!! Love the layout!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Nancy!! Love all of those brads and you did a fabulous job with the sketch!!

Karen Giron said...

I love this card, Nancy! The little chick is adorable and the fun colors you chose are perfect! Lovely

Lisa Brown said...

So very cute! Love it...those brads are such a fun accent!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is absolutely delightful Nancy! We're expecting a foot of snow here, so this Easter card is certainly a welcomed sight! Lovely mix of colors! :D

Kerri said...

Oh, Nancy! This is just ADORABLE!!! I love everything about it! I just got my Tea Party DSP in and I'm very excited to use it! TFS!

Jackie Pedro said...

I NEVER hear you say you are happy with a card!!! This is darling, Nancy!! Love the row of brads and that chick is too cute!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, Nancy!!

Unknown said...

This is FANTASTIC Nancy!! For some reason I really struggle with ideas with this stamp set, so I appreciate the inspiration!! I'll definitely be CASEing this!! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

That card is just darling! Love how you have used the papers and accented your card! Love the paper-pieced chick, too!

Cindy

Lynn Put said...

Oh my word! This card is total perfection, everything about it is so darling!

Heather P. said...

Too ca-ute! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, beautiful card!! Great mix of papers here!

Melissa said...

Be still my heart......this is FABULOUS!

Many Blessings,
M.

Ifat Art said...

That card is adorable!!!

Thanks for sharing,
IfatArt

Lynn said...

This is absolutely darling! Love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is so flipping cute! I love what you did for this sketch. I love the ones with lots of detail! Well done my friend!

Emily said...

Nancy, this is so CUTE!! Love the colors! The paper pieced chick is adorable! This has got to be one of my favorite sketches!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.