Saturday, October 11, 2008

SNOW SWIRLED SFYTT

This is my second week as October Guest Designer for Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try. Again, Jen delivers another fantastic sketch to work with, and her sample is awesome! This is one of the cards I created for the challenge, and you'll have to CLICK HERE to see my other design.

This card uses the stamp set, Snow Swirled, and uses the bleaching technique demonstrated by my friend and downline Leah Sinatra at our weSTAMP demonstrator meeting last week. The three Snow Swirled circle medallions are embossed with Black Embossing Powder, then "colored" with bleach. Leah demonstrated this technique using a paint brush, and I even tried filling my Aquapainter with bleach ... worked like a charm! I decided I liked this technique so much that I designated a separate Aquapainter just for bleach, boldly labeled of course!

The sentiment is stamped in Versamark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. The small medallion is stamped in Versamark on the the Old Olive background piece, then the Ticket Corner Punch was used and Gold Brads added.

RECIPE
Stamps: Snow Swirled
Paper: Basic Black, Old Olive, and Riding Hood Red CS
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black Craft Ink Pad
Embellishments: Gold Eyelets, Gold Cord
Tools: 1 1/4", 1 3/8", and 1 3/4" Circle Punches, Circle Cutter for 2" Circle, Ticket Corner Punch, Aquapainter
Supplies: Black and Gold Embossing Powders, Stampin' Dimensionals, Bleach

I hope you'll play along with the Sketch For You To Try Challenge, and be sure to check out more samples by Amy R., Amy S., Carole, Shannan and Susan!

28 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Nancy, this is gorgeous! I've never done the bleaching technique, but it really is beautiful!! Have a great weekend!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome Nancy! Love the colours you used!

Lorri said...

Totally Nancy style! I can pick which ones are yours without seeing your name. I LOVE your style!! Beautiful cards....now to play with my aqua painter! Thanks for posting. Good luck this week with PT!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Wow! I really like the colors that you chose for this card! Very pretty!!

Anthonette said...

The card is stunning. The bleaching technique with black embossing is perfect. Beautiful job!

Terri said...

What a gorgeous card, Nancy! I have never done the "bleach" technique but this card certainly makes me want to give it a try! Love this stamp set!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is amazing!! I love it!!

Jennifer said...

GOR-GEOUS!!!! I've never really been interested in trying that bleaching technique...until now. Beautiful card.

Shannan Teubner said...

Soooo pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful!

Diane Gilbert said...

Nancy this is so pretty! I love the bleaching technique too!

~Diane

Diane Noble said...

Oooh! Love this card. What a wonderful layout. Gorgeous colors! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards!!! I might have to case your x-mas card!!! I have the perfect set to case -tfs~!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my goodness - this is so striking!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Nancy said...

Nancy, this is truly stunning! I hope you won't mind if I try my hand using this colour combination.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us!!!

Angie Tieman said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors and the embossing!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is really great! I love your choice of colours!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is awesome and so easy on the eye!! Get take on a great sketch!!
--Becca

kathleenh said...

Nancy, I love the beautiful medallions you made out of the circles!

Lynn Put said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love the rich colors and the stamp set you used for the sketch!

Jennie Portonova said...

Nancy, you never cease to amaze me. You are always designing beautiful cards and this one really caught my eye. I love the colors, layout and style. Keep inspiring us all! PS: Good luck with the heel spur. They really do hurt!

Crystal said...

absolutely gorgeous!! i LOVE gold embossing and these colors are awesome together!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous Nancy! Love the pop of black and the way you made this sketch work for you! This is an amazing card!

MaGoooo said...

I really like the color combo you chose! Cute card!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous card, nice rich colors!

Ret said...

Nancy, this is stunning! very elegant. You do the most beautiful work!
tfs,
Ret

Beate said...

Wow! Fantastic card! LOVE the colors and the layout.
Hugs and smiles

dasimonds said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
I love the color combination!
I have only tried the bleach technique once..long time ago.
I think ..now that I have the
Aquapainters..I will try it again :)
*Thanks for sharing your Recipe.