Thursday, July 3, 2008

PRETTY AMAZING HIGH CONTRAST and BOLD

I created this card using Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge #14, combined with SCS Sketch Challenge #183. Kristina's Challenge was to create a high contrast, bold creation using the colors of Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Whisper White ... Ruby Red and River Rock were optional. I chose to omit the later as I wasn't quite sure how to incorporate them and felt that the Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper White achieved the goal on their own.

I used the stamp set, Pretty Amazing which I've had for quite awhile and am just now getting around to using it. The hummingbird is stamped with Basic Black on Basic Gray and paper pieced. The large background panel was stamped with Basic Black onto Basic Gray. The flower was stamped with Basic Black on Whisper White three times with the middle and top layers cut out and raised. The middle layer was raised on dimensionals and the third was adhered with a Mini Glue Dot. I debated whether to use these self-adhesive rhinestones or silver brads but opted for a little bling for a little more drama.

I surprised myself with this one, creating a card without ribbon, and without punches and fancy tools! That's gotta be a first! Thanks for looking!RECIPE
Stamps: Pretty Amazing
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black and Basic Gray CS
Ink: Basic Black Classic
Embellishments: Self-Adhesive Rhinestones (non-SU)
Tools: Scissors
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

33 comments:

Courtney said...

So pretty! I am loving the creations with this color combination of Kristina's. Great job!

Kriss Huels said...

Because I did the layout challenge at Splitcoast, I get the thread mailed directly to me. I opened this one and just sighed! It is spectacular! Imagine my delight when I read that you were the designer! Truly elegant and incredibly gorgeous, Nancy. Would never have thought to do the hummingbird in gray -- looks wonderful!

Regan said...

wow- this is absolutely gorgeous!

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous card!! Love that set with those colors, very striking! And the bling just makes it! Quick question: on that Slide you installed, how did you get it to run vertically instead of horizontally?! Thanks!

Kristine said...

The color are very striking...and I love the dimensions on the flower. The pearls add just the right finishing touch.
Great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Nancy! It is really stunning!

Rose Ann said...

I love what you've done with this challenge, Nancy!! Your card is gorgeous!!

Traveling Mama said...

Lovely card! Love the flower with the bling!

Emily said...

This is gorgeous Nancy! I love the dark colors. So elegant. I love those rhinestones too!

Becky said...

What a beautiful card! You're use of the colors is great!

Suzanne Vaughan said...

That is just lovely!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Nancy - this is soooo gorgeous, and elegant and perfect!!! What a beauty . . . my favorite so far!!
Kay

Dawn Easton said...

Nancy!! Girl this is gorgeous!!! I've never used much Basic grey cs....thanks for inspiring me again my friend!!

Patsy said...

Beautiful!

Tara Kieninger said...

Simply stunning!

fran said...

It's beautiful! Love how elegant the set looks - wonderful as always!

Allison said...

This is just amazing! Great take on the challenges. I'll have to case this!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is just GORGEOUS!! I love it in black, gray and white!

Speaking of beautiful....I got BEE-U-TEE-FUL snail mail yesterday!!!!! Thank you sooooo much! You completely made my day! :)

Deanna said...

Very elegant!

Mauna said...

Nancy this card is elegant!! Love what you did with the grey colors. The sentiment on this card says it all AMAZING!!

Laurel said...

Fabulous card! Fabulous blog, I have saved it to my favorites! Will be visiting OFTEN!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Nancy, this card is absolutely gorgeous!! Well done!

Kristie said...

Gorgeous card, definite top ten here I think!

SueB said...

It's a definite WOW card - thanx for sharing it w us!

Anonymous said...

OMG - Nancy!!! Your card is stunning, gorgeous and I love it!!!

The colors look fab too - can you tell I love it???

Happy July 4th!!! Hugs ~Silke~

Marisa said...

This card is lovely!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

OVER THE EDGE - i lurk here everyday and i love everything you create - this is so pretty i just couldn't leave without thanking you for sharing your talents - this is just beautiful!
erin mcmilon

Kriss Huels said...

Just checked the round up and absolutely can't believe you're not there! Yours is No. 1 in my scoring! Can't wait to see what you do next; love your creativity.

stampinstars said...

Nancy...I've been a fan of your blog for quite awhile. Very inspirational. You've been tagged! Come on over to my blog to check it out.
Erin Blair at www.stampwitherin.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Nancy!

Jackie Pedro said...

I gasped when I saw this absolutely stunning creation!! I'm heading over to SCS (I hope it's there) to favorite it!!

GORGEOUS!!!!

Darcie Helt said...

This is such a beautiful card! I am in awe! TFS your beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! TFS!