Friday, April 25, 2008

TART & TANGY SUMMER PICNIC GIFT SET

This is a gift set I'm providing as a class for my local stamping friends. It uses the new Tart & Tangy stamp set and Summer Picnic Designer Paper in the Occasions Mini Collection 2008. My inspiration for this gift set started with Jackie Pedro, The Scalloped Edge. See Jackie's Tart & Tangy gift set HERE. Although my sample uses various birthday sentiments, class participants may also choose a thank you card theme for their gift set. This class will be held just in time to give this gift set as a Mother's Day gift.


HERE is a tutorial by Holly McMillen (Toy on SCS) for the Card Box.

EDITED TO ADD: I did make some alterations to Holly's tutorial ... the CS for my lid was cut 6 1/2" x 3 5/8", instead of 6 1/4" x 3 5/8". The CS for the strap was cut 11" x 1", instead of Holly's 8 1/2" x 1".

This card is cased from Joanne Basile, just a little something. See Joanne's original card HERE.
This card is an exact case from Jackie Pedro.

RECIPE
Stamps:
Tart & Tangy, various "happy birthday" or "thank you" phrases from assorted stamp sets.

Paper:
Summer Picnic DP, Real Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Bashful Blue CS

Ink:
Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Classic Ink Pad, Real Red, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip Markers

Embellishments:
Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Bashful Blue and Real Red Brads,

Tools:
3/4", 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, Trio Flower Punch, Paper Piercing Tool & Mat Pack, Slit Punch for scallop border on box

Supplies:
Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals


If you live in the Phoenix area, please contact me for class details!

20 comments:

Diane Gilbert said...

I wish I lived in Phoenix! LOL. What a great class idea, LOVE it! You've been busy girl!

Dottie K. said...

Ooohh I wish I lived in Phoenix! I love this set. It's perfect for a gift and especially for summer. :)

Inking Idaho said...

This class is darling! Love it!!
Becky

Kristin Moore said...

Your Tart & Tangy set is just adorable Nancy! Not sure how I ended up here at your blog, but I'm sorry I haven't been here before! I just love everything you've done and posted!! Funny thing is, I just posted a Tart & Tangy gift set to my blog today! What a coincidence! Keep up the great work, I'll be back!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Nancy, this set is just stunning! I LOVE it! What a wonderful presentation! Wish I lived in the Phoenix area!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh wow, I wished I lived in Phoenix!! Looks great! Kelly

Dawn Easton said...

Nancy! This would be a wonderful class to attend! Darn girl, I need to come visit sometime soon!

Thanks for the reminder about the gift box. I'm already making year end gifts for Chloe's teachers and this will be perfect to put their gift cards in!

Hope the class goes well! One of these days I'm going to surprise you and show up ;)

Mauna said...

Boy have you been busy. These are all great! Do the people in Phoenix know how lucky they are????

Jenn in GA said...

nancy--as soon as i saw this, i set to work to recreate it! one question: the box bows inward with the lid on. this happens every time i make a box, so what am i doing wrong? i'm following the instructions and have cut the paper the correct size. it just fits too snugly and pushes the center of the box inward slightly. help!

Jennifer Reynard said...

These are just lovely. what a great workshop. Thanks for all the pictures and info!

Angie Tieman said...

Great gift set!! I know your class will be a big hit!

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS gift set!!! I'll have to try one too...I might just case yours after I get the DP - LOL!!!

I agree with Angie - this will be a big hit!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW Nancy...what a great class project. I need to find some cheap airfare...I don't want to miss this!

michelle sturgeon said...

All of these tart and Tangy projects are wonderful!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is such a fantastic project! You can add me to the "Wish I lived near Phoenix" list...lol! I just love your blog! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creations with us! :D

Rose Ann said...

Fantastic set!!! Everything looks fabulous and yummy!!

corinnesomerville said...

Oh my gosh !!! LOVE THIS !!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I may have to case this. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is a fantastic class idea! So fantastic that I decided to re-create it for my own customers. Thanks for sharing this idea with all of us. I am a frequent visitor to your BLOG because I get so much inspiration from it! Thanks for all you do!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff.
I just found your blog and love it.
Look forward to reading more.
my website
www.papercraft-ideas.com