Sunday, October 21, 2007

SCS SKETCH CHALLENGE 139

One of my favorite blogs, and bestest blogging friends, is Fran Sabad, Franticstampers. I've admired THIS CARD of Fran's since she posted it the end of August. I absolutely love this layout! I think it lends itself well to so many Stampin' Up! stamp sets. So I thought I would try to apply some of my stamp sets to it (which is also SCS Sketch Challenge 139).

Here's the Sketch 139:

SEASON OF JOY

This first card is very similar to Fran's card... just different colors, DP, ribbon, etc. The bling star on top of the Christmas tree was a Target $1 Spot find back in July. The center dots of the poinsettia were punched with a 1/8" circle punch (Old Olive CS) and adhered with Crystal Effects. The Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon was wrapped around the card, and stays in place with a few small pieces of Sticky Strip. The seam of the ribbon is hidden under the center horizontal CS panel. The bow is adhered with a glue dot.RECIPE
Stamps: Season of Joy (pg. 2-3 Holiday Mini 2007)
Paper: Dashing DP, Old Olive, Real Red, Very Vanilla, and River Rock CS
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, and River Rock Classic Ink Pads
Embellishments: Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Misc. Non-SU Star
Tools: 1/8" Handheld Punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Crystal Effects, Glue Dot

PERFECT PRESENTATION
This next card turned out to be my favorite ... I'm LOVIN' the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit! Such fun colors for the holidays, reminding me of the colors you see in the movie, "The Grinch". The Pretty In Pink Star on top of the tree, the blue scallop circle, and the striped vertical strip are die-cut stickers from the Winter Bright SS Kit. The Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate Circles in the medallion are punched from the DP in the Winter Bright SS Kit.


RECIPE
Stamps: Perfect Presentation (Level 2 Hostess...pg. 20), "Merry Christmas" sentiment from All Holidays (pg. 143)
Paper: Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit (Bashful Blue, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty In Pink, Wild Wasabi)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink Pads
Embellishments: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: 1/4", 3/4", 1" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Glue Dot


TRUE FRIEND
RECIPE
Stamps: True Friend (pg. 18 Holiday Mini '07)
Paper: Apple Cider DP (pg. 19 Holiday Mini '07), Really Rust, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Close To Cocoa, and Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pads, Versamark
Embellishments: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Antique Brass Brads
Tools: Ticket Corner Punch, 1/16" Handheld Punch, 1", 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dot, Sticky Strip

25 comments:

Diane Gilbert said...

Wow, all three cards are fantastic! That is a great sketch!

Tara said...

that IS a great layout...love all 3 cards!! Great job! :)

Martha Cavazos Fipps said...

Wow, those are three fabulous cards. I love everything you do!

Jana Weaver said...

All three cards are absolutely beautiful! Fantastic job with this sketch!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness -- what a fabulous layout is right -- all of these cards are just wonderful -- but I am especially drawn to the one on top with that red ribbon and crisp green -- it just really POPS -- big time!!! Love your work!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sweetie - Love what you've done with the sktech! I really like the Christmas tree in the Dashing DSP!

Jill Hilliard said...

Nancy- I love this layout- what a fabuolus job you did! I am off to try it out!

JILL

pescbrico said...

Love all those cards! My favorite is the seconde one with the ribbon tied on the piece of cardstock put sideways! GReat!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my Nancy! Girl you found yourself some time to stamp! YAH! All of the cards are wonderful. That is a fantastic layout! It is so nice to see how many different looks you can get with it. I'm loving that Winter Brights SSK you have been using. I am debating ordering it...costs so much in Canada!

Have a GREAT day girl!

corinnesomerville said...

OH MY GOSH, NANCY !!! These are ALL gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous !!!! WOWZA, girlfriend !!

Have a great day
Love ya
Corinne

Melissa said...

Awesome, awesome awesome! You are quickly turning into my favorite source of inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow! All three are amazing! I LOVE them. I have to say that the first is my favorite though. I LOVE that paper!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Nancy, these are absolutely amazing cards! I love this layout myself. i may just have to try this one. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Wow Nancy! You sure got some good use out of that sketch! All the cards look absolutely wonderful!!! Love the bows like that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Your cards are awesome! I am so glad that I found your blog many months ago. I look everday and love your cheery attitude and wonderful cards! Thanks for the inspiration and I am in the planning stages of my pegboard system!!

Staci

www.stacilynch.wordpress.com

Jenn in GA said...

all three are special, and i like the layout. lots of pieces for a workshop, though. just more for fun!

Dottie K. said...

Ooohhh Aaahhhh - these are darling. Love the different looks with the one sketch. Thanks for sharing - going to print this sketch and try it. I so enjoy your work. Have a great day! :)

Corie said...

I LOVE them all -- so FANTASTIC

Kim said...

LOVE all these cards! You're making me get excited for Christmas!

Stamp With Linz said...

You are on a roll! I love them all, nice job hun!

Lori Barnett said...

BEAUTIFUL ---- Love them ALL!!!

michelle sturgeon said...

WOW! I love all these cards! Isn't it incredible what one can create with a sketch? Same design, totally different cards!

Rose Ann said...

All of these are amazing! I love each and every one of these! Wonderful!!

Angie Tieman said...

All these of these cards are awesome!! What an eye candy treat! I feel some major "casing" coming on!

Heather P. said...

These cards are amazing... You are so talented, Nancy!