Thursday, August 30, 2007

PICK A PETAL RAK

Today's mail brought a beautifully decorated envelope addressed to ME! Naturally, I ripped it open and ignored all the bills and junkmail in my mailbox. This gorgeous thank you card was inside from Lorri Heiling (Confessions of a Stamping Addict)! This photo does not do this beautiful card justice ... I must have taken 40 photos of it in different lighting and just couldn't capture the soft sky ... trust me, it's way better in person! Lorri wrote the nicest note inside thanking me for a birthday gift I had given her. She even used some of the items I gave her for her birthday to make the thank you card! How cool is that?! I just love the combination of Soft Sky with Chocolate Chip! Here is my attempt at a recipe for Lorri's card:
Stamps: Pick A Petal, Stem Sayings
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky CS, Soft Sky Prints DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery
Embellishments: Soft Sky Double Stitched Grograin Ribbon

6 comments:

Nicole Anderson said...

You have made me regret not getting this at the discount when it was first offered, too, just like the Zoofari set! AGH! WHY OH WHY didn't I get this one?? LOL!

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I have to say that I was thinking of you at the cottage as I couldn't get on your blog and I made you a card!!! Can you send me your snail mail address so I can share it with you? Thanks!!! As for my fundraiser, I'd love to send you a kit if you're interested! Thanks for all your kind words!

Rose Ann said...

What a beautiful card from a special friend! Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Attempt??
I'd say it's an excellent example! Way to go!

~Tex

Angie Tieman said...

What a nice surprise! Love how she did the center of the flower, I'll have to try that!

Diane said...

Great idea to use the perals in the opposite direction as leaves. I don't think I've seen that before! Very cool!