Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'VE BEEN TAGGED

There is a game of TAG going around the stamping blog community. I was tagged by Robin Desko. Her blog is Rubber Stamped Reflections. Great stuff! Visit her blog!

In this game of tag, I am supposed to list seven random things about myself that you may or may not know:

1. I was born and raised a Northwest Iowa farm girl, and have been a Phoenix desert dweller for 20 years.

2. My husband is a Northwest Iowa farm boy. Our small Iowa home towns (pop. 1,500 and less) are only about 30 minutes apart! BUT we met here in Phoenix! Small world, huh?!

3. All the men in my life ... my son, my husband, my dad, my grandpa ... all have birthdays on the 11th day of a month.

4. My favorite season is AUTUMN. Autumn is MY Spring! I think I like it so much because that's when we're coming out of the extreme summer heat of Phoenix and the kids go back to school. Everything seems new! I love the colors of Autumn (if you've ever been to my home, you know this ... my house is decorated in warm fall colors). Autumn is also marching band season (see item #5 for more details). And, of course, I love leaves and PUMPKINS! Love the looks of them, love the taste of them, especially Starbucks Pumpkin Creme Frap, and Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake! My year-round screensaver is a photo taken on an autumn evening of a roadside farmer's market with pumpkins everywhere!

5. I'm a Band Booster Mom. My daughter is in the most incredible marching band program at her high school, and as a result, my DH and I have met the nicest people through the band boosters! Some of them even stamp with me! Woohoo!!!! If anyone ever tells you that marching band is not a sport, they're sadly mistaken! I can't believe the hours these kids put in (usually in 110 degree + heat!), and it IS a rigorous physical activity!

6. I can't stand chaos and clutter. I'm a neat freak, a clean freak, and have to have things just so. I drive my family nuts! I am always busy with something whether it be everyday household chores, a stamping project, a home decor project ... whatever .... I never sit and relax. Even though I'm always doing something, I freak out if it gets to a point where there's not enough of me to go around.

7. Nine months out of the year, you'll find me hopping from one garage sale to the next every Friday and Saturday morning. I love finding a bargain, and find the majority of my ebay inventory at garage sales!

Who to tag next????? Lorri, and Barbara.

5 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Thanks for sharing. . .it was great to "get to know you" better!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

TFS

Corie said...

Very interesting tidbits.

Jan Scholl said...

where are you from in Iowa? my hubby is from Mason City and all his family is still within an hour or so of there. My son moved for a job to Mason and then got transfered to Cedar Falls and lives in Nashua with his new wife of 3 months. Small world.

Morning Glory68 said...

Hi Nancy,

I've nominated you for the Rockin' Girl Blogger. Check my blog for more info.

Keep stampin'
Gena