Sunday, February 7, 2010

SWEET SUNDAY BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR DAD

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this card. It's for my dad whose birthday is later this week. He's a clean lines, simple kind of guy which was what I was trying to achieve with this design.

I was completely inspired by Connie Collins' gorgeous card and this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #55.


The sunset was created by reverse-masking with a 1 3/4" circle punch and Post-It Note and sponging Summer Sun and touches of More Mustard. The wheat images are stamped using Close to Cocoa and randomly stamping off.

The other Swee
t Sunday Stampers have inspiration for you too! ...
Laura Fredrickson
Jen Tapler
Karen Motz
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick

RECIPE
Stamps: Autumn Days, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Autumn Traditions, Patterns DP Pack, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Summer Sun, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip Classic
Embellishments: 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Circle Cutter, 1 3/4" Circle Punch
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Post-It Notes, Sponges

26 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh this is perfect for a guy...your Dad will love those clean lines! It has such a warm feel about it...I love it!

Melissa Rodgers said...

I love this card Nancy. I'm always in search of "guy" cards and you have totally inspired me. I enjoyed playing along this morning in the Sweet Sunday Sketch.

Allison said...

Great card! Such a great masculine card- I'm sure your Dad will love it!

Mary said...

Nancy,I love this card. I am always tring to find a good "male"card and this is right on,can't wait to case it. I think your father will love it too. Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fabulous, masculine card Nancy! Beautiful mix of colors and I just love the sun that you've created! :D

pescbrico said...

I'm sure I love it!!! Perfect for a guy card!

Pam Speidel said...

Love it! I remember when Connie's card was selected as one of your iPicks as it was one of my favorites! Your card is perfect too Nancy...great colors!

Lynn Put said...

This is fantastic Nancy! I love the saying stamped inside the sun with the stamped wheat. Very masculine I love it!

Karen Giron said...

I think you made a perfect masculine card - it's amazing! The sun is just the right touch and I love the sentiment inside. Your dad will be so touched to receive such a wonderful, thoughtful card.

Stacey Schafer said...

mucho masculine, Nancy! love it and your dad will, too:)

Marie said...

I echo the sentiments of everyone else. It's a fantastic masculine card, and I am sure your dad will love it!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Nancy, I think this is amazing!!! I love the clean crisp lines, your fabulous "knot" tied perfectly and the warm colors. Great masculine card, I find those so hard to do and this one is perfection!

Sue from Oregon said...

Beautiful...and perfect for your Dad!

Marisa said...

Great use of Karen's sketch. Lovely card!

Unknown said...

love how you created a "sun" in that circle layer.

connie collins said...

Oh Nancy, I am honored that you were inspired by me. So often it is the other way around. Very nice!

Dina said...

I think this is wonderful! I love the colors and the sketch looks great! I love how you created the sunset, fantastic!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous! That moon looks great with that image... great color combo! TFS!

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

I like it a lot Nancy! xo, Marian
(www.StudioMbyMarian.blogspot.com)

gayla.odell said...

Love this card - masculine cards are always the toughest for me. Thanks for sharing.
Gayla O'Dell, www.megastampinstudio.com

Lynn said...

Perfect guy card! Love how you've used this set!

Krista said...

Gorgeous card !!

Aussieleigh said...

Beautiful card - you have made the 'boy' card look so easy - they stump me everytime!

Alex said...

This is a great guy card Nancy, the clean lines and beautiful colors are amazing!! He will love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lori Rider said...

I think this card is awesome! I love everything about it, and I'm sure your dad will too!

Stamp and Smile said...

Fantastic card!!!! I just put my set together and now you have inspired me even more to use it... great guy card! :)