Sunday, June 22, 2008

APPLES TO APPLES

My card today cases THIS CARD by Lost in the 60's (Diane), SCS Featured Stamper #72. When I saw Diane's card, I knew it was another chance to use my Tart & Tangy stamp set before the end of the Occasions Mini Collection ... June 30. I have used this stamp set more often than any other stamp set I own! I felt the same way about Merry & Bright in the Holiday Mini. I sure hope Stampin' Up! continues this style of stamp set in the new catalog! I pretty much changed everything from Diane's card except the layout and Swiss Dots dry embossed background.

My card was also majorly inspired by THIS CARD by dpeterson on SCS. I fell in love with her card when she posted it yesterday, and found her card and Diane's to be a great combination!

Last night while blog surfing, I came across THIS CARD by Angie Tieman. While leaving a comment on her beautiful card, I congratulated her for using a Stampin' Up! Library Clip ... I bought these when they first came out and have YET to use ONE of them! It's not that I don't like them ... I think they are ADORABLE! ... I just never really knew what to do with them. Anyway, I received an e-mail from Angie this morning CHALLENGING me to use a Library Clip! ... and I DID IT !!!!

RECIPE
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, sentiment from Big Birthday Candle
Paper: Summer Picnic DP, Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, and Old Olive CS
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, and Old Olive
Embellishments: Black Library Clip, Metal Edge Tag, Red Gingham Ribbon

Tools: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder & Cuttlebug
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

14 comments:

Debbie Corbari said...

This is so Super Cute Nancy!! I LOVE that library clip! LOL! Wanted to let you know I TAGGED YOU! LOL! Go to http://dbdoodle.blogspot.com/2008/06/ive-been-tagged.html for all the deets! ;)

Angie Tieman said...

Excellent job, Nancy! I'm so proud of you! hee! hee! And I love the way you used it too...I' ve never seen it clipped on a ribbon before! Bravo! The whole card is way cute...love the metal edge tag in the middle and the circles on the sides of it!

Allison said...

As usual this is too cute!
I love this set, I wish it weren't going to end this month.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Nancy, I LOVE the pretty case and personal touch you give your cards.

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Dawn Easton said...

I'm going to miss this set too Nancy...but I'll still use it for myself ;) It's such a fun set~
Your card is awesome! Love the metal tags and the little library clip! Fabulous my friend!

Anonymous said...

This is such an adorable set and a cute, cute card! I love the paper, too. I've had a wonderful time scrolling through your recent posts. Great Stampin' Up! stuff here! Thank you!

Patsy said...

Neat card. Love all the embellishments.

Linda McClain said...

Nancy, I love it, and the cards that inspired it. Every time I try to use the library clips it just doesn't look right - but this is adorable. Great job!

Alex said...

Totally cute Nancy - and my favorite set, I will miss it!!! This is so adorable, I just love those apples! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

kathleenh said...

Soooo cute Nancy! I love this set too. I love the way you used the library clip too.

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute, I love the clip!!TFS

Allison Rankin said...

Nancy...this is a great mix of textures and colors. That clip is genius!

corinnesomerville said...

WOWZA !!! Love this !!! I'll be sad to see this set done at the end of this month :(

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just too adorable!