Wednesday, November 14, 2007

PUMPKIN BARS CLARIFIATION #2

If you've tried the recipe for the Pumpkin Pie Bars HERE, and the clarification #1 HERE, do I ever owe you an apology! When I first posted this recipe, my friend Dawn Easton e-mailed me asking if the pumpkin was Pure Pumpkin or Pumpkin Pie Filling. I then called my friend, Lorri Heiling who I originally got this delicious recipe from to clarify. I didn't know it at the time, but Lorri thought I meant Pure Pumpkin, as in a cutting open a fresh pumpkin and scooping out the inside. I'm familiar with the Libby's store brand of pumpkin, and they carry Pure Pumpkin and Pumpkin Pie Filling, both in a can. So...... clarification #1 (HERE) is somewhat accurate, and somewhat not. Lorri and I both used the Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin, and Dawn used Pumpkin Pie Filling while decreasing the amount of oil, and increasing the amount of pumpkin. Both of my sources say each version turned out fine, but the original recipe calls for Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin. My apologies if anyone tried the recipe and it didn't turn out quite right.

1 comment: