Monday, July 2, 2007

Making Your SU Catalog & Idea Book YOURS


My Stampin' Up! Catalog & Idea Book is a HUGE resource and tool. I thought I would share with you how I make mine work best for me.

Today, I popped into Staples and asked them to SPIRAL BIND my catalog. They were able to do it within a few minutes, and the cost was approximately $1.99. I like that the spiral binding allows me to view the catalog FLAT. Because mine gets so much use, I think the spiral binding increases it's longevity. This is a tip I learned several years ago from my SU Upline, Barbara Welch.




Another thing I do to my catalog is take a highlighter to everything I own. (I simply highlight the name of the item and product number). That way, when I go to order product, I don't duplicate items. Sometimes it's easier to refer to the catalog than to dig through drawers, cabinets, etc.
I also highlight the stamp sets I own in the Index on pg. 195, and the wheels on pg. 196-197.



Another great feature to the catalog -- there are recipes/supply lists for all the samples shown. You'll find these on pg. 198 - 206.

2 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your catalog turned out nicely. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

The spiral binding is brilliant...I'm getting mine done today!