Tuesday, October 9, 2012

PERFECTLY PRESERVED MEMORIES


I had a three-day weekend and found myself inspired by Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #169. My favorite stamp set right now is Perfectly Preserved from the 2012 Holiday Catalog. I like it even more when it's paired with Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper and the Cannery Set Framelits Dies.

I grew up on a farm in Iowa, and remember my Mom canning corn and other foods every year. It was a huge job, and we stored the canned foods in an underground cellar.  This stamp set brings back many of those great memories!

RECIPE
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved, Petite Pairs
Paper:  Orchard Harvest DSP, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla CS
Ink:  More Mustard, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso
Embellishments:  Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread
Tools:  Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Paper Piercing Tool, Cannery Set Framelits Dies
Supplies:  Stampin' Dimensionals
All products are Stampin' Up!

To order 24/7, go to

5 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Great take on the sketch Nancy, love that set too!!!

Lorri said...

Nancy, I love that set too! You created a masterpiece, LOVE your card! Brings back memories for me too......

Rita W said...

This is so pretty, Nancy. I think I need those buttons! :)

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Nancy, I love what you have created with the sketch challenge and along with the gingham topper/twine is really cute.
Thanks for sharing your sweet memory of your mom canning corn. I have a few memories myself of my parents canning all kinds of foods. You have inspried me to get this set.

xo, Marian

Anonymous said...

I have this set and am always looking for fresh ideas. I really like the apples in the jar. TFS ~Donna