Wednesday, July 6, 2011

CRAZY FOR BALLOONS

Here is yet another card I've created that I'm not completely thrilled with. Boy, am I ever rusty from very little stamping the past year! Ugh! I'm determined to keep plugging along until I have my old mojo back!

This card uses Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try July 2011 and Colour Q Challenge #91 of Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black and Whisper White. The balloon images are from the stamp set, Crazy for Cupcakes, and are paper pieced twice with the top layer raised up on Stampin' Dimensionals.

The retired Wild Wasabi double stitched grosgrain ribbon is one of the best ribb
ons (in my opinion) that Stampin' Up! has every carried ... love the width, texture, color ... everything about it! It's so easy to work with!

RECIPE
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Island Oasis DP (retired), Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Basic Black
Embellishments: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)
Tools: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

Designer Paper Shares and Ribbon Shares groups are filling up fast! Don't miss out! Click HERE for details.

12 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love this---a perfect sketch & stamp set for these fun colors! You're too hard on yourself! Thanks for playing with the CQC, too!

Unknown said...

I really like this card. The layout is great. I'll have to give it a try.

The Vannoy Family said...

I think you've got a winner - matches the layout, great color scheme, texture, embellishment, even technique w/paper piercing - you've got it! Really like this card!

AB. said...

You don't seem rusty at all! Great card! I love the balloons and the embossing. :)

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Love the colors and the sketch! And yes, the ribbon. I definitely hoarded those! :)

Christina said...

What do you mean? This is fantastic! You have rocked these bright colors, Nancy! Love the textured background and fun knotted ribbon. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

Sylvia said...

We are our own worst critics, Nancy! Your card is very striking and bold. Your use of colors is wonderful. There is balance between the texture and the non texture surfaces. This is one fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Suzanne Bier said...

Such a fun and festive birthday card! Thanks so much for joining us at the colourQ this week!

sharon said...

I too love love this, CASED it just last night.....LOL....a PERFECT birthday card......you are getting that MOJO back....it is nearly there..I am so pleased to see you posting again so regularly. Glad things are getting back to normal for you

Dawn Easton said...

Nancy, this is fabulous!! I had forgotten about those balloons! Thanks for the reminder. Must pull them out. Soon.
Off to catch up on your blog. Worked out of town a lot last week :(

kathleenh said...

Ah, Nancy this is cute! I know what you mean about being rusty though. I find if I stamp on a regular basis the ideas flow much better. I hope you can find time to fit in more stamping. I love your work!

Anonymous said...

Love your take on the sketch. Colors and textures are awesome too!