Monday, May 30, 2011

SUNFLOWER FLIP FLOPS and RED TOES

This simple card was inspired by Colour Q Challenge #86 of Real Red, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, and Early Espresso, and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #119. I immediately thought of this sunflower card we made at a stamp class a couple of years ago when I saw the inspiration socks from the Colour Q. The sunflower is so simple to make - punch with the scallop circle punch, cut with scissors toward the center in each indentation. The center of the sunflower is made using the 1" circle punch.

I have missed Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketches - she designs THE BEST sketches, doesn't she?!


RECIPE

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: On Your Birthday
Paper:
Real Red, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White CS, The Write Stuff DP (retired)
Ink: Real Red and Early Espresso
Embellishments: Real Red Gingham Ribbon (retired) and Real Red Buttons (retired)
Tools:
1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder

Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

14 comments:

LeAnne said...

SO glad to see your wonderful stamped creations again!! And what a wonderful card it is, too! PERFECT take on the challenge!

Marisa said...

Great use of Karen's sketch (I agree, I just love her sketches!) and the CQ. Flower is darling. Glad to see you posting again :)

Lorri said...

WOW you are on a ROLL! Great card Nancy! You're a NATURAL and always have stop me in my tracks cards! Happy Memorial Day!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Nancy!!

Nance Leedy said...

What a bright and happy card, Nancy! Love that sunflower. So good to see you getting your craft on! ((hugs))

Gail S. said...

Such a CuTe card!! Really made me smile :) Great colors! Glad to see you back up and running - love to visit!

Jennie Portonova said...

She's BAAAACK!!! So very happy to see you back at it again. I love the card....sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers. Your mojo is spot on! :)

My Creative Side said...

Love it!! love the color combination and your take on the sketch. I am a daily blog reader!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful clean graphic delight!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Nancy. The colors work so well! :o)

Lynn Put said...

This is wonderful Nancy! I love the cute sunflower! It's so great to see you stamping again!

Sylvia said...

Nancy, I wish you had posted to the ColourQ blog! YOur card is so beautiful and Happy! PLay with us this week, they are also happy colors! Thanks for being such a big part of the blog community! I love to look at the picks on your blog. I llok forward to seeing your card at the ColourQ soon.

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Oh my! I adore this card! Super take on the challenge!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how I've missed your wonderful cards! Always so eye catching! LOVE what you created from that inspiration...it's PERFECT!!!