Saturday, May 1, 2010

FIFTH AVENUE FOR MOM

This card suits my mom for Mother's Day ... she appreciates a modern design flair like I do! Nouveau Chip DP and Fifth Avenue Floral provide that contemporary look I was trying to achieve. I went back and forth trying to decide between an Apricot Appeal button and a Basic Black button. DH chose Apricot Appeal, so Apricot Appeal it is!

That Karen! ... she's drawing up another easy-to-work-with, inspiring sketch this week with Sweet Sunday Sketch #67. You can find more inspiration for your own creation at the blogs of the other Sweet Sunday Stampers ...
Joanne Basile:...just a little something
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Lynn Put: The Queen's Scene
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs

RECIPE
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Well Scripted
Paper: Nouveau Chic DP, Sage Shadow, Basic Gray, and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, Sage Shadow Classic Ink Pad, Apricot Appeal Stampin' Write Marker
Embellishments: Apricot Appeal Button, Sage Shadow 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Paper Piercer and Mat Pack
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

14 comments:

Lorri said...

Woohoo I get to be the FIRST to tell you how wonderful you did on this card!! You're mom is SO BLESSED to be getting these wonderful heart-felt cards from you Nancy! You did a great job with one of my most favorite floral stamp sets!

Karen Giron said...

How gorgeous is this card! Your mother will love it, I'm sure - the pop of color on the button is perfect!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Nancy.. this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I love the colour combo you've chosen. You mum is sure to adore it.

xx Sarah

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is a beautiful Mother's Day card, and I'm sure your Mom will love the colours and design as much as I do! Hope she's doing well!

Karin Menghini said...

LOVE it!! Beautiful.

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful...your mom will love it!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this too Nancy! That paper is great and I haven't used it much myself!! Love the pop of color with the button!!! You mom will surely love it!!

Marisa said...

Great card! Love the colours and how you used the flowers on the main image panel.

Lynn Put said...

What an incredible Mother's Day card! I love colors you used and the stamped flowers in the large panel. Very pretty!

Pam Speidel said...

This is SO PRETTY Nancy! Love this sketch and hope to play along later today! :)

Mary Brown said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love 5th Ave floral and just don't use it enough!

Stef Perry said...

Love this card, Nancy, and the dp is perfect for attaining the contemporary feel you were going for. Your Mom should love it!

Shelley said...

Another super card, Nancy! I need desperately to work on a second Mother's Day card, The one I posted a few weeks ago will go to my Mother-In-Law. I have to hold back the one to my mom because she looks at my blog!

I hope your mom is tolerating the treatments well. I keep her (and you) in my thoughts.

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous Nancy!!! I'm positive your mom will love this card!!! I love how you used this Set...and the colors are fab too!!! Hugs ~S~