Sunday, September 20, 2009

MISCELLANEOUS ....

Many of you have been asking about my new job, the kids, etc. As you know, I started a new job the beginning of August. It is going incredibly well ... I love it! ... but is also sucks everything out of me! My days are very busy, my evenings at home fly by, and my bedtime is very early so I can wake up early to do it all again!

My daughter Allie started college four weeks ago. We had planned to save money by having her live at home and commute to ASU, and quickly discovered how incredibly difficult that was for many reasons. To make a long story short, we got a dorm room assignment one day and had her moved in within two days. Errands for things she needs to get settled have consumed my evenings. It's been very fun, and I am so happy for her!

Those are the reasons (+ the fact that Drew needs a ride somewhere every time I turn around!) you haven't seen much original artwork from me. Hopefully, things will calm down soon and you'll see more spontaneous designs from me in addition to weekly iPICKS and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge designs.

I also wanted to apologize to my fellow bloggers for my lack of commenting. In order to provide a quality list for iPICKS each week, I go through an enormous amount of blog posts in my Google Reader. I simply don't have time to leave comments right now ... which kills me because as a blogger I know what a big deal comments are! KNOW that I am looking at your posts, and so much appreciate your inspiration!!!!

I've been using imagechef.com for my iPICKS images, and am nearing the point of running out of unique images to use. Does anyone know of any similar websites?

5 comments:

pescbrico said...

Nancy I don't know if this would help but here is another blogger that use I don't know what to show what she likes... Here is the link to her blog http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/
and here is the link of what she is using I think! :
http://clipmarks.com/ She is talking somewhere on her blog about that feature when she started using it. Hope it helps!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

No one could begrudge you for being a busy lady, Nancy. You're doing a great thing with your iPicks. I've found so many new blogs to add to MY Google Reader! LOL! Thanks!

Brandi

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

Hi Nancy for Picking my card. Good luck with the new job!

Kristin Moore said...

Sounds like you are happily busy! How nice that your job is going so well, and fun to have a daughter in college. Dorm life is awesome- I'm glad it worked out that she go to try it. What an amazing lifetime experience she will have! Good luck with finding some stamping time!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Don't you worry about everyone else, just do what you need to do. I am sure that most of all of us fans understand what it is or can be like to be busy. The important this is that you love your job and are having fun! :)