Sunday, January 11, 2009

BELLA ROSE VALENTINE

This Valentine uses Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch Challenge #19. This is my first time using one of Lauren's sketches, and this one ROCKS! I love a sketch with interesting layers like this one! I paired the stamp set Love You Much with Bella Rose DP and Basic Black accents.

The medallion was stamped in Basic Black Classic Ink onto Pink Pirouette and again onto Riding Hood Red. The Pink Pirouette piece was punched with the Scallop Circle Punch, then each scallop was punched with the 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch. A solid Basic Black CS Scallop Circle backs the Pink Pirouette scallop circle. The next layer of the medallion is a 1 1/4" Riding Hood Red CS circle, then a 3/4" Basic Black CS circle, then a Pink Pirouette Heart cut out and raised with a Stampin' Dimensionals.
RECIPE
Stamps:
Love You Much, Holidays & Wishes

Paper:
Bella Rose DP, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, and Riding Hood Red CS

Ink:
Basic Black

Embellishments:
Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Black Brads

Tools:
Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" and 3/4" Circle Punches, 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch, Word Window Punch

Supplies:
Stampin' Dimensionals


I'm headed back to work tomorrow after my hiatus since Thanksgiving. I had originally planned to be back on Jan. 5 but an infection in my foot set me back a week. I'm supposed to be on "light duty" for awhile, as I'm still pretty slow and wobbly. It has been so much fun having time to create and post almost daily! It has been so therapeutic and relaxing! I will miss this daily fun, but will post when I can. Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes during my recovery! (I've got THE BEST readers!).

Also, I'm having difficulty keeping up with my e-mails, and know that it will only get worse after I'm back to work. If I haven't responded to an e-mail or a comment you left, know that I have read it, appreciate the communication, and am trying to get around to responding. My e-mail inbox is a busy place these days!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back this evening with this week's iPICKS!

23 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh this is so sweet! Loving the patterned paper layers and colors on this! Thanks for playing along-and I hope your foot feels beter ASAP!

Anonymous said...

This is darling! I haven't had a chance to play along with this one yet, but I'm excited too. I love how you used it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it Nancy!

Anonymous said...

Love this card, Nancy! I will have to CASE that medallion idea - love the layers!

Anonymous said...

Nice work Nancy! I love the colours/layout! Will be casing this layout!

sarahw said...

I looked at this sketch and was a little intimidated by it, but you did an awsome job! :)

Tracey Old said...

Hi Nancy,Love what you've done, I might have a go later if I have time. Wouldn't have found the sketch If I didn't have your blog saved. Thanks.

Pam Speidel said...

Another outstanding creation Nancy! You always inspire me...

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I love this card! it is precious! I need to get busy on my Valentines. Back to work (teaching) for me tomorrow also. Glad you are doing better!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet Valentine's card Nancy! Love the mix of dp and the scalloped medallion. Beautiful!

Rachel V. said...

Your card is SO pretty! Good luck going back to work tomorrow. And be careful not to overdo it.

Unknown said...

nancy..this is stunning! i love the combination of bella papers you've used...ge-orgeous!

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you used those papers and made them into a Valentine card!

Regan said...

oh my Gorgeous!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is lovely!! Can't wait to see your Ipicks for this week..they are always amazing!!

Nancy Guse said...

Hey Nancy, this is a very nice card!!! Love the bella papers. Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Nancy! I love what you did with this sketch!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful, Nancy! Love the pop of black!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic Nancy! Glad to hear you are able to go back to work...take it easy girl!

MacKenzie said...

Beautiful job with the sketch! Thanks for playing with us!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! Love your take on this Sketch - I'm gonna have to try this one too!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this one Nancy!

Lynn said...

Beautiful! I didn't order this bundle, and I can't wait to get my hands on that gorgous paper!