Thursday, November 13, 2008

TWIN GIRLS IN THE FAMILY

Two weeks ago, twin girls were born to my cousin Mark and his wife, Holly. So exciting! I know this card has been done a zillion times but I just had to make one for them with a twins twist to it! I think the original designer of this awesome card is inkydigits on SCS ... you can see her card HERE.

I'm not sure if you can tell in this photograph or not, but the bottom Whisper White CS panel is meant to look like wanes cotting by scoring every 1/8" inch with my Scor-Pal. The hangers were created using Wire Works, a retired SU product. The Duckies Stampin' Around Wheel was stamped in Versamark onto the So Saffron CS, and the onesies from the stamp set, By Ones & By Twos (retired) were stamped in Basic Black onto Pretty In Pink Prints DP (retired), cut out and popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals.

Edited to Add: Tracy, a loyal iSTAMP reader, made the hangers with a standard paper clip and said it worked perfectly!

RECIPE
Stamps: By Ones & By Twos (retired), Duckies Stampin' Around Wheel (retired)
Paper: Pretty In Pink Prints DP (retired), Pretty In Pink, So Saffron, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Basic Black Classic Ink Pad, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Markers, Versamark
Embellishments: Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon, So Saffron Brads, Wire Works (retired)
Tools: Word Window Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scor-Pal (non-SU)
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

36 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

WOW! This is awesome! Love the "nursery" look of the card! Just precious!

Deborah said...

Double cuteness! Love it! So glad I stopped by! Deb

Lorri said...

OH MY GOSH Nancy, this is SOOOOO cute! If I get pregnant and have twins will you make me one of these cards? It is ALMOST enough incentive to get pregnant. LOL BEAUTIFUL!

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just a gorgeous card- it ALMOST makes me want another baby - but not quite - I'll try and remember it when I about to become a Grandma - LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that is just darling Nancy...you have done a fab job on this card...as per usual:0))

Anonymous said...

this is soooooo cute!!

Paul Barber said...

Super cute!! Thanks for sharing all your talent with us! I love it!

Joanne said...

This is a fabulous card. I love it, and am sure I will be casing it - thanks for a great idea!

Anonymous said...

this is so cute what a great idea

Dawn Easton said...

This is so stinkin' cute Nancy!!!

Anonymous said...

This is "two" cute! Just gotta love it!

Laurel said...

Adorable card!

Becky Carafa said...

I hadn't seen this, what a clever idea! It's beautiful!

Allison said...

This is just adorable. Your wanescoating looks great!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Positively ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for sharing! I wish I knew of someone having twins . . . this would be just the cutest card to case in pink or blue!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Nancy. So sweet!

kat said...

This is such a special card! I love the chair rail and boards below it!

Simmy Ogg said...

This is a WOW card for sure! I love the wainscotting idea ... very clever. The little hangers are awesome too !! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Super super cute!

Anonymous said...

This has to be the MOST ADORABLE BABY CARD ON THE PLANET!

LORi said...

OMGoodness! This card to too stinkin' CUTE!! I will have to case it!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Nancy - I really think this is the cutest version of this card I've seen! Really looks like a nursery room wall - with the wanescotting & the way you've "lifted" the chair rail & the "peg board." And the subtle boarder above the chair rail is the perfect touch. I just love it!

Diane Noble said...

This is just adorable! Pink is so pretty! Love the little pegboard idea/chair railing with beadboard...wow...so creative!

Julie Davison said...

WOW!! This is darling! I've never seen anything like it before!

Laura said...

So cute!!! I love it... very clever!! Your blog and work are great.. I try to check up every day!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, that is the most creative card I have seen! It literaly looks like a shelf in a room!!! You are so smart!! I love it, it is so cute, they will love it!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Nancy :)
Congratulations to Mark & Holly, how exciting!! Your card is just darling, LOVE the fun wall and hanging shirts!!

Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Nancy, this is awesome!! This is a set I wish I hadn't passed up...so cute!!

Jill Hilliard said...

Nancy

This is STUNNING. I love the Pottery barn look to this. JILL

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so adorable Nancy! I love the yellow brad "knobs" in the duckies.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the cutest baby cards I have ever seen!!!!!!!! I wish I had this set now! I love the scoring to create the panels on the wall. It's a gorgeous card and the details are perfect!!

Lynn said...

This card is super cute and all around fantastic!!! I just love all the details! Especially the little hangers and the trim you created by scoring...just brilliant!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely adorable Nancy. I love the nursery theme you created on your card - so cute. Congrats on having twins in the family - double the fun!!!

Anthonette said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This card is amazing. I love the realism of the wall.

Nurse Neagle said...

wow I love it! I love the details on the cs to make it look like a real wall! :D

Libby Hickson said...

How adorable!!! I've seen this same sort of card around before, but I love the colors you chose, and how you made it a card for twins!! So very sweet. :D