If you're a frequent reader of my blog, you know I often lack confidence in my finished artwork, and am always saying something like "I almost didn't post this" ... "Not sure if I like it" ... "This didn't turn out like I had planned"? Well, this card didn't turn out like I had planned BUT I know that I like it !!! I've had this color combination in my head for quite some time, and had a chance to work with it last night ... ELEGANT EGGPLANT, TAKEN WITH TEAL, and OLD OLIVE. I've never had a favorite color, but am very much inspired by color combinations. I'm finding this color combination one of my favorites, and one that I can see myself using ALOT!
Besides the obvious, here are the details of my card ...
* I used Taylor VaBruggen's Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #24 ... and FLIPPED it.
* I also used the stamp set, TRUE FRIEND, and the "FRIEND" sentiment from FUNDAMENTAL PHRASES.
* The flowers were inked using Stampin' Write Markers ...stems in Old Olive, flowers in Taken With Teal, and the edges of the flowers in Elegant Eggplant.
* The small circle medallion image from the True Friend stamp set was stamped in Versamark onto the Elegant Eggplant CS background.
* The three dots scattered between the flowers are paper pierced holes. Long ago, when I scrapbooked regularly, I would make three dots randomly between stickers, die cuts, etc. Those three little dots, randomly placed, pulled the floating images together for a more flowing look.
* There is also a double paper piercing line on the horizontal Taken With Teal CS strip.
* The circle medallion was stamped twice (once in Taken With Teal, and once in Eggplant Envy) with an Old Olive background piece and Old Olive brad. The top circle is raised on stampin' dimensionals.
Stamps: True Friend, Fundamental Phrases
Paper: Whisper White, Eggplant Envy, Taken With Teal, and Old Olive CS
Ink: Old Olive, Eggplant Envy, and Taken With Teal, Versamark
Embellishments: Old Olive Brad
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool & Mat Pack, Word Window Punch, 1", 1 14/" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals