Monday, April 7, 2008

MY TIME SKETCH WITH TART & TANGY

This card is for Lauren Meader's April 5, 2008 Sketch. Lauren's blog is My Time, My Creations, My Stampendence. I've been busy the last couple of days creating projects for my next stamp class, but had to sneak this challenge in after seeing Lauren's fantastic sketch, and Joanne Basile's tart & tangy card this morning. Joanne's card inspired me to use Tart & Tangy and Summer Picnic DP.

My card is pretty much self-explanatory, but just want to point out a couple of things on the "cherry medallion". There is a Real Red piece behind the Bashful Blue scallop. This Real Red piece is punched with the Scallop Punch using THIS technique by Mary Jo Albright. After adhering the medallion to the card, I realized that the scallop needed more definition. I probably would have preferred paper piercing the scallops, but instead used my Basic Black Marker to add dots to the scallops.
RECIPE
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Absolutely Fabulous
Paper: Summer Picnic DP, Old Olive, Read Red, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Basic Black Classic Ink Pad and Marker, Old Olive and Red Red Markers
Embellishments: Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals


Joanne has some news on her blog that I'm pretty excited about because I'll be working with two of my all-time favorites stampers and blogging friends; Joanne Basile ( ... just a little something ...) and Dawn Easton (Treasure Oiler Designz) . Click HERE to read the news!

20 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

This is so adorable - love the colors and those cherries are just so stinkin' cute!

Deborah said...

Yummy cherries! Adore this card! You do such fine creations, love them all! Deb

Angie Tieman said...

This is fabulous!! It is a great sketch! Love your cherry medallion and the big olive ribbon above!

fran said...

Very happy card! I just love this paper and stamp set - your card is delicious!

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhh-dorable! Way cute. Isn't that paper just the cutest stuff ever. I love it!

Can't wait to see "What You Got" next week! ;-)

Sara said...

This is totally adorable. Love what you've done with the scallop punch!

Dawn Easton said...

Love it Nancy! Fantastic stamp and DP choices...my faves ;)

I'm so looking forward to working with you and Joanne too!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh Nancy you are making me want to rush past spring and get to summer! Love the cheery bright colors this has.
Thanks for playing :D

Tonya Klar said...

Oh, I do love this set and DP!!! Great job on your card...I'll probably have to CASE it!

Lorri said...

Oh goodie, another tart and tany idea for my folder!!! Love this one, Nancy, you are just the BEST at coming up with ideas! I love everything about this card! Thanks for sharing.....

~Lorri

Alhambra Club said...

What a yummy card, it is great.

Alex said...

totally yummy Nancy!! I love this card - the papers and stamps are some of my favorites! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Nancy. It's absolutely perfect! Can't wait what you guys come up with for that first challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Stamp With Linz said...

I love this card- great colors, great set! I haven't done anything with mine yet- but I may have to do that today! Thanks for the continual inspiration! ;)

Corie said...

I just love this -- so beautiful!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my! This is such a happy and wonderful card! I'm truly love your designs! Thanks so much for sharing your work! :D

Anonymous said...

OH - what a sweet and fun card!!!
I just bought this set too and I have not even put it together..., but now I will do that - because I'll case your card *wink*!!!~TFS~

Anonymous said...

What a cute card, mind you, all your creations are just adorable. Congrats on the What You've Got challenge, I can't wait to see what you come up with! I'll be checking for sure.

Anonymous said...

So cute, I must have this set! ;)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is awesome!!! This is one of those stamp sets and paper that I just had to have, and now don't know what to do with!! You rocked this!!