Saturday, April 5, 2008

MY GIRL

My daughter, Allie has been 16 for eight months, and unlike most 16-year olds, is timid behind the wheel. Although Allie is a good driver, she could take it or leave it, and would be perfectly content with John and I driving her everywhere she needed to go! Because of her attitude towards driving, we weren't in any rush to get her a car until a smokin' deal on this 2001 Toyota Camry fell in our laps. Now that she has her own wheels, she's been driving herself to school and work. Although I worry about her out on the road, it sure is nice being relieved of my chauffeur duties!

Poor Drew ... I've forgotten to pick him up twice this week (something I never do and thank goodness for cell phones)! He says, "gol', Mom ... you think your chauffeur duties are done because Allie has her own car now ... but HELLO ... you still got ME!". Just like Drew to tell it like it is! LOL!

Oh, to be young again! Allie has had such a great few weeks ... Florida with her friend Britt & family, then California with her high school band, and her first car. Allie got a promotion at her part-time job this week too. She has worked at an Italian restaurant for a year as a back-server, expo, and take-out person, and is moving up to server. She's very excited about the opportunity to make more money, and LOVES her little job!

Next weekend .... PROM! I'll definitely be sharing photos!
{Allie and her FIRST car.}

10 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Congrats on the car Allie and your promotion. Cool looking car. :)

Tara said...

how fun!!! she looks great standing next to her new wheels!! :)

Deborah said...

How proud of Allie you must be! What a fine responsible young lady! Good job Mom and Allie! Deb

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! She seems like such an awesome daughter! Kind of reminds me of myself at that age! hahahahahaha! Seriously, having an awesome mom shows!

Lori Barnett said...

How CUTE!! Sooooo.....where does she work to make enough to pay for gas! LOL just joking :) But gas sure is worth gold these days! I say just stay home and STAMP STAMP STAMP. That's the kind of rubber I want under my feet! ha ha ha ha. Wanna know something funny....when my 2 oldest were 16 and 17 I let them take over my car for back and forth to school while I rode my bike to work. And it was like 20 miles! I was in pretty good shape then :)

Dawn Easton said...

How cool! Her new car looks great! I'm loving your sun and dry roads ;)

Lori A. said...

Congrats on the car! I don't even want to begin thinking about my kids driving. :)

Alex said...

How fun for her - what a great first car! She looks wonderful standing with her new wheels - she is a beautiful girl!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Julie Phillips, aka Julieloveslucy SCS said...

I don't know you or Allie but I must say that is a sweet picture! Happy Sweet 16 Allie and I hope that you have many happy trips in your cute new car.

Hugs
Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow! There's lots happening with Allie...so exciting! I thought the rule is when the older sibling gets the car, then they have to pick up the younger ones?! ;)