Tuesday, October 2, 2007

SCS COLOR CHALLENGE CC134 and SKETCH CHALLENGE SC143

This card combines today's SCS Color Challenge (CC134) of Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip and River Rock ... and last week's SCS Sketch Challenge (SC143). Have I ever mentioned how weird River Rock is to photograph???? Sometimes it looks so green! Just so ya' know ... the color in the photo that is not Chocolate Chip and not Blue Bayou IS River Rock!

I used my handy-dandy Crop-A-Dile to set the Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelet in the center of the flowers which are stamped in Chocolate Chip on Blue Bayou Prints DP, and adhered with a Pop-Up Glue Dot. Before adhering the flower, I curled the petals around a pen. The River Rock CS circles surrounding the Antique Brass Eyelets were punched with the 1/4" Circle Punch.


RECIPE
Stamps: Doodle This (pg. 99), "for you" from All Holidays (pg. 143)
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Blue Bayou CS, River Rock and Blue Bayou Prints DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic
Embellishments: Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelet, Antique Brass Brads, Blue Bayou Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/16" Handheld Circle Punch, Crop-a-dile
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Pop-Up Glue Dot

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love the brads and the sentiment is just perfect!

pescbrico said...

Nicely done! it's really goergous!

Scrappychick said...

This is beautiful! I was struggling with the color combo tonight, maybe tomorrow will bring fresh ideas!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm going to have to try those colors! BTW, how did you get your flowers to curl like that?

Lori said...

I love the jumbo eyelet at the center of the flowers--great idea!

Alhambra Club said...

this is a great color combo, love how you put it together and that flower is fantastic.

Tandra said...

OOOH WOW! Love the colors, and the layout is fabulous!! I love the doodle flower!

Pat said...

Nancy...I really like this card a lot! The layout is very clean and uncluttered and the combo of colors is outstanding!

Pat

Sara said...

gorgeous, Nancy!!
TFS

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Love the colors and layout. Love what you did with the brads! :)

Anonymous said...

NAncy this is so pretty! I love the way you did your flower petals. Awesomw job on both challenges! TFS!

Corie said...

Your cards always WOW me, and this one is no exception -- WOW.

Chantelle said...

This card is stunning - love the layout and colours and the flower is just beautiful. I will be keeping this one as a favourite.

Anonymous said...

That card is beautiful Nancy. I love all the ideas of curling the flower petals, and the river rock paper behind the brads with the small punch. Love the pattern paper which gives texture and the dinension the pop up dots and curly petals give. Great work.

kathleenh said...

I agree that River Rock is hard to photograph. I thought this was Certainly Celery. Your card is beatiful! Great job combining the two challenges.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES SO FAR! MAKE THIS ONE IN A FUTURE CLASS :O)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I love this card, Nancy! Those colors are fabulous. . .the way you placed them and everything! Just beautiful!

corinnesomerville said...

Great card, my friend !! Don't you just love those jumbo eyelets....I'm highly addicted to them. I'll be adding the blue bayout stitched ribbon to my next order (thanks I was wondering what I could spend more money on :)

love ya
Corinne

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Nancy! This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE how you used all the pattern papers! What a fantasic idea with the brads too! My gosh, how I'd love to pick your brain for ideas one day!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is stunning! I love the colors, and the way you curved the petals of your flower! Awesome!!

Melissa said...

Holy moly - fabulous!

Anonymous said...

OHMIGOSH! This is gorgeous! Love the details!! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the layout!

Unknown said...

My goodness! It's GORGEOUS!

Alex said...

This card is fabulous Nancy - I love the colors you chose and that flower is beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tara said...

gorgeous card!!!

Diane Gilbert said...

Nancy this card is beautiful! I LOVE THAT FLOWER!

Michele Force said...

Gorgeous!! I absolutely love everything about this card, Nancy!! (and for the record, the River Rock looks just like River Rock to me) :)

Heather P. said...

This is simply ~gorgeous~!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!

Emily said...

WOW!! What an awesome card! I love this!

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome card! Love the stamping on the prints paper and how you layered the flower!