Sunday, September 2, 2007

SCS FEATURED STAMPER CHALLENGE FS30 HEATHER

Today's Featured Stamper Challenge (FS30) features the gallery of Heather Pulvirenti, aka inglishrea on SCS. The idea is to view the featured stamper's gallery, case one of their cards and change at least two things about it. Here is Heather's GALLERY, her BLOG, and the HEATHER'S CARD I chose to case.

I can't believe I spent time making a Christmas card when I haven't even begun making Fall and Halloween cards! Their all in my head ... just need time to put them into action! I found these self-adhesive bling stars at the Michael's $1 bin the other day, and knew they would be perfect for the top of the Christmas Tree in the Season of Joy stamp set (pg. 2-3 of the Holiday Mini). When I found Heather's card, I knew it would be a great excuse to start using my Wintergreen DP that's been calling my name for several weeks!

Things I changed from Heather's card: a) Heather's card appears to be square .... mine is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, b) changed up some of the paper, c) used different ribbon, d) deleted the white tafetta ribbon ... tried to do it but couldn't get mine to look right!, e) used different ink colors ..... the more I look at it, the more different mine is! Oh well, mine is completely inspired by Heather's! RECIPE
Stamps: Season of Joy (pg. 2-3 Holiday Mini Catalog)
Paper: Soft Sky, Always Artichoke and Going Grey CS, Wintergreen DP
Ink: Always Artichoke
Embellishments: Always Artichoke Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Brads, Bling Star (non-SU)
Tools: Ticket Corner Punch
Supplies: Foam Mounting Tape/Stampin' Dimensionals

18 comments:

Jenn in GA said...

simple, elegant card! how come i never see anything like those stars in the $1 bin at MY Michael's? hope you have had a good holiday weekend...

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this card turned out beautiful and I love the star! Great job on the challenge! Tammy

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous! This is the same card I chose to CASE, but I don't have this stamp set so mine isn't Christmas-y. LOVE your version!

Libby Hickson said...

Gorgeous!!

Dottie K. said...

Nancy this is beautiful. Love the colors and paper you used. Great idea for the stars may have to pick them up now. Have a wonderful Holiday. :)

Lynda said...

This card is beautiful Nancy! The card of Heather's that you chose is the one I chose as well ~ I just haven't had a chance to do my card yet!!! I LOVE yours. Great job!

~Lynda

Shanismom said...

beautiful card. i was looking to case the same card. i love how she positioned her ribbon.

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, the colors and papers

kathleenh said...

Beautiful! I like how the tree is cut out and popped up on the main image. Happy Labor day weekend Nancy!

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous card!! Love how you cut the tree out and added the star!

Anonymous said...

Great card - that little star is cute! (what a wonderful "find!") Love the colors!

Corie said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love all the extra touches (Tree, star, layering, ribbon)

maiahs_momma said...

I just love this card, and this stamp set...it is on my list of must have's I think :)!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty...and I love the papers you used!

Diane said...

Wow -- what a gorgeous card! I love all the dimension and the ribbons!

Kathy W said...

Beautiful card. I like your choice of DP behind the tree; it really sets the tree off. Same with the lighter color paper and darker ribbon. Although the card you CASEd is very nice, I prefer this one. Thanks for sharing.

Heather P. said...

Haha, I love reading people's comments, too funny! I can see why she prefers your card, it's wonderful! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a very pretty card. The bling is a nice little touch! I have to buy this set!