Thursday, September 20, 2007

SCS COLOR CHALLENGE CC132 and SKETCH CHALLENGE SC142

This week, I combined two SCS challenges, Color Challenge 132 and Sketch Challenge 142. The color challenge was to use the colors of CHOCOLATE CHIP, REALLY RUST, and RIVER ROCK. I used the Horizontal Slit Punch to punch a hole for the ribbon to thread through. My apologies for the distorted photo ... I just have a heck of a time getting good photos ... especially when River Rock is involved! Love the color, dislike photographing it!

To update you on my previous post regarding Dottie K .... I found her! She responded to the post quickly, and we've been conversing via e-mail. She has a great sense of humor, and is a scrapbooker and a card maker! I'm trying to talk her into sharing her work with us through SCS gallery or blog! Let's hope she starts soon!

Here is the sketch for SC142:


RECIPE
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: Apple Cider DP, Chocolate Chip, River Rock, and Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, and River Rock Classic Ink Pads
Embellishments: Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Pumpkin Circle Rhinestone Brad
Tools: Ticket Corner Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

21 comments:

My Paper World said...

Another pretty card! Your cards are so elegant!

Diane Gilbert said...

Nancy, This card is beautiful! I love that color combo.

Corie said...

WOW 2 challenges in one -- FANTASTIC card!!

Karen said...

This is beautiful. I need to do another order to build my colors so I can do more of the challenges.

Dawn Easton said...

Wow Nancy! This card is GORGEOUS! LOVE it! Such an elegant feel to it...fabulous! Hope you don't mind that I link to your blog from mine. I LOVE your blog and I'd like others to know too!

Alhambra Club said...

OK, see eveyone stole my first impression, WOW this is awesome, love everything about it.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card...I love the colors too! I've missed so much lately...great work!

kathleenh said...

Beautiful! It's such a nicely balanced card. Great colors.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a classy card, Nancy! I LOVE it!

Linda McClain said...

How gorgeous! I never thought to combine that paper with that set. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it and will be casing this one too!!! Check out my blog as I stole one of your pictures to link here and show how I cased your design....I hope this was okay!!! Any news on the flight information? I've been looking for a seat sale!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors - what a great take on the challenge!

Michele Kovack said...

Beeeeutiful! Love the colors, layout....everything!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I love how you used all the paper in this one. I wasn't going to buy this paper but I keep seeing beautiful cards like this one that make me want it. Thanks for leaving such a wonderful comment on my blog. You are the sweetest thing ever.

Kathy said...

I am going to have to get that ticket corner punch. I really makes a different in the way the layering looks. Great card.

Kathy said...

I am going to have to get that ticket corner punch. I really makes a different in the way the layering looks. Great card.

Rose Ann said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the papers, colors, everything! Perfect challenge card!

Kathy W said...

Nancy, this is so beautiful; wonderful way to usher in autumn. Love how you used the ribbon in the design to meet the challenge. This is such great DP! Thanks for sharing.

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty card! Love the mix of things and the nice clean, crisp look to it!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow! This is GORGEOUS!

Jill Hilliard said...

FABULOUS! I love this!