Friday, September 21, 2007

INK PAD STORAGE

The day before my birthday in July, John (DH) told me that he hadn't gotten anything for me for my birthday. One might think that is pretty lame, but after 17 years of marriage, John knows I'm a girl that appreciates USEFUL items as gifts. Sure, it would have been easy for him to order flowers, but he knows I'm really not a flower kind of a person when it comes to OUR pocketbook! I told him that he knew what I wanted (I had only mentioned it a several times in the weeks prior!). Of course, typical guy ... he had no clue what I was talking about! I wanted an Ink Pad Storage Unit from Storage Units Ink! Luckily, I had several ebay auctions end that day and had the money to pay for my own birthday present! John's response: "Perfect! Order it!". It is was done! Thank you, honey!

Denise Wenzloff and her husband offer a full line of HIGH QUALITY, HANDMADE WOOD STORAGE UNITS for rubber stampers. Denise's husband has a full time job during the day, and handcrafts these beautiful units in the evenings and on the weekends.


In July, Storage Units Ink had a discounted price on their units, and were bombarded with orders. That is why I am just now receiving my unit. Let me tell you, it was so-o-o worth the wait!!!

I got the Wall Unit Plus which holds 60 Ink Pads, 60 Re-Inkers, and 60 Stampin' Write Markers! OMG!....it is so nice to have my Re-Inker and Marker right next to the coordinating Ink Pad! Love it love it love it!!! This unit hold all of my 48 Stampin' Up! Classic Colors, 6 Neutrals, and 6 Current In Colors. The quality of workmanship is incredible ... it is just perfect in every way!

This is my Wall Unit Plus. Notice I can even display some of my artwork on top of it! I've been stamping for several years, so some of my ink pads are still the OLD SU style, which I am slowly replacing with new. Until then, I'm going to use my Dymo labeler to label the outside SIDE of the old style pads.



I also own the Stampin' Up! Color Caddy with Extender Kit (pg. 193) ... which I also love! I really needed something that didn't take up the "round space" on my workspace that the Color Caddy did. I've moved the Color Caddy to my nearby shelf and use it for my Craft Ink Pads, Versamark, Encore, Staz-On, and duplicate Classic Ink Pads, etc.

16 comments:

Karen said...

Now that is cool just to look at! I just love stuff like that! It was definiately worth the wait

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the Wall Unit Plus. I just e-mailed the link to my DH as Christmas is just aroung the corner. Love you blog. Thanks for sharing.

Dale

Corie said...

WOW Great minds think alike!! (wink wink)

I did the same thing to my hubby last November for my birthday -- he knows that I do not like him spending money on things just to give me a present. So when I asked for my ink storage unit, he jumped at the chance to order me one. I ordered the turn around one -- I LOVE MINE!!!! I think this year I am going to ask for the wall unit like yours for all my extra inks.

Anonymous said...

Aren't these just the best??!! So glad you got yours, it's so much better to get a useful gift!!! After 32 years, my hubby is finally "getting" it!! Some of them take longer than others *grin*
Have a great weekend!

Dottie K. said...

Ooohhh what a great gift. I'm like you - rather have something useful than flowers. They're gone after a few days. Looks fantastic. Have a great weekend. :)

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, very nice!! You sound just like us with birthdays! I love flowers, but they always die, so I so told him early on that I prefer a gift that "lasts"!

Jenn in GA said...

this has been on my Christmas list for most of the year since I discovered CSI's website through another blogger's post! I'm going to be so excited, come Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

OOH! Nancy, I am sooo.. jealous! I love the ones I have but haven't been able to find anymore. I have been eyeing these but not sure if I want to give up the ones I have! Anyway, Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

I have got to start reading Blogs better! I just realized it plainly says your birthday was in July. Sorry, about that. SO Happy Belated Birthday!

Jan Scholl said...

Here is what I purchased for my inks.http://www.wistampsupplies.com/

I also have the rotating thing from SU but dont like it. I also keep all my itty bitty pads in a bin with a lid that I tote everywhere.

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE your storage unit! I've seen them but they cost so much to ship to Canada :(
Suppose I'll stick with my SU! colour caddy but I think I need to purchase a second one for my craft inks.

Michele Force said...

I just e-mailed my husband the link to this post and the link to that company (fingers crossed)! I have the SU ink caddy, but it's hard to turn, is a bit unstable, and the pads near the bottom are difficult to slide back in from all the weight above them. (The one for brads & such is great though.) I'd rather have one of these nice wooden cabinets for my ink! Heck, Nancy, can I just clone your entire stamp room? :)

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!!! What a unit. I just got the SU carousel free with my points -- and I thought I was doing good -- LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you sure have a lot of inks! ;) I ordered one of those too...hope to get mine soon!

Deborah said...

You are fully stocked and so organized! I tned to do the same with my DH to get SU stuff and other goodies! LOL! Deb

old postage stamps said...

So neat and tidy!