Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HEATHER SUMMERS' FUNDRAISER FOR CANCER SOCIETY

I'm defenitely on the "Band Mom Sleeping Schedule"! Although Allie didn't have an early morning marching band practice this morning (because of last night's practice), I was wide awake at 5:00 a.m. So, I got some stamping time in this morning before she and Drew woke up for school.

I made this card for Heather Summers, Stamping With Heather. Heather has provided me with an incredible amount of inspiration since discovering her blog a few months ago and she is a very sweet person! Heather, along with her 7 year old daughter, Emma are hosting a card-making fundraiser to raise $1,500 for the Cancer Society in honor of Heather's father who passed away 3 1/2 years ago of Gastro Intestinal Cancer. Those of you who don't live near Heather can still participate and help Heather and Emma meet their financial goal for the Cancer Society ... they're selling the card-making kits that can be mailed to you! The kits include 11 projects (6 cards - 2 each of 3 designs, 3 tags, 2 packages). More information about Heather's fundraiser for the Cancer Society can be found HERE and HERE.RECIPE
Stamps: True Friend (Holiday Mini pg. 18)
Paper: Apple Cider DP (Holiday Mini pg. 19), River Rock, Close To Cocoa & Naturals Ivory CS
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Really Rust, and Close To Cocoa
Embellishments: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Antique Brass Brads
Tools: Scallop Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, you are FAR TOO SWEET!!!! First off the card is GORGEOUS!!! I am SOOOOO touched! Thank you! Also, thanks for posting this on your blog, you're amazing!!!! I just wish I could some how snap my fingers and be in Arizona!!!! Thanks for all you do!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Absolutely beautiful, Nancy! I love it!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty and so nice of you to help! I'll go check it out. Glad you got some early morning stamp time in, that's always a treat!

corinnesomerville said...

Love your card, Nancy...it's beautiful !!! Heather is a dear friend of mine and she's an inspiration on so many levels to me...as a stamper, a friend, a mother and her kindness and generosity. She's beautiful inside and out !!! Thanks for doing this for her and in memory of her Dad !!!

Have a good one
Corinne

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card! Great layout and colors...thanks for sharing! :)

Corie said...

This is such a beautiful card -- you always do materpieces!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! What a great reason to stamp! ;)

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so gorgeous, Nancy!!

Heather P. said...

This is AMAZING, Nancy! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And thanks for letting us know about this cause!

Lorri said...

Hi Nancy

Oh this is ANOTHER one of my favorites. I need a NANCY file on my computer for favs. LOVE the colors. I ordered this paper after seeing this card.
TFS over and over again. YOU ROCK!
~L

Alhambra Club said...

Beautiful, don't know why you are not on my Google Reader, though you were, well you are now. You are so very talented.

Rika said...

Gorgeous card!!