Thursday, August 9, 2007

ON BOARD CHIPBOARD STORAGE

I needed a better storage system for my ON BOARD CHIPBOARD (pg. 180-181 Fall-Winter '07) and had an extra shelf in my craft room. I wanted something to add a little color and decor to my room ... here's what I came up with .... I found these glass canisters/jars at Walmart for under $4.00 each. I used the PRINTS SERIES DESIGNER PAPERS (Rose Red, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou, and Groovy Guava) to cover the lids by cutting a 4 1/2 inch circle. I tied DOUBLE STITCHED GROSGRAIN RIBBON in the NEW IN COLORS (Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, and Groovy Guava) around the neck of the jar with a bow at the top. I simply printed the name of the On Board Collection on coordinating Cardstock (from my computer/printer), punched the words out with the CIRCLE SCALLOP PUNCH, added a Silver Eyelet, and hung it from the ribbon with silver cord.

The chipboard die-cuts are punched out of the sheet and stored in these jars. Of course, I kept the chipboard negative pieces for future use. This may not be the greatest system when my collection of chipboard grows but for now, I'm enjoying them! (My Groovy Guava jar is still empty... *wink *)

These jars look so cute on my bookshelf! I would have liked to photograph them on the shelf, but the lighting for photography in my craft room just doesn't cut it!







11 comments:

Karen said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing! Isn't Walmart great

Anonymous said...

So creative and beautiful! You did an amazing job with this!

Corie said...

OH my -- you are so organized. Love this idea, they are so cute.

Mary Leeson said...

How cute and NEAT! Gotta check out WM now. Thanks.

Unknown said...

This is really cute, Nancy! You are a constant inspiration...:)

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing! Tammy

Debby Winters said...

Love your jars...what a great storage system!

Kathy W said...

Great idea for chipboard storage. And the jars/lids are so pretty. Thanks for sharing a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Those are precious!! What a great storage idea!

Rose Ann said...

I have sure missed a lot since my last visit here (we'll take care of that). I love this storage for your chipboard!! Perfect!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ingenious. I never would have thought of this for chip board. You are the organization QUEEN! :0)