Saturday, June 14, 2008

CLOSE AS A MEMORY










This first card combines Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #52 and
Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge #11 of Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Going Gray, and Whisper White. Beate's sketch is FANTASTIC, and I'm sure it will be one I'll use over and over again! Kristina's color challenge was just THAT ... challenging! I think I tried every variation of this card that I could until achieving a satisfactory final product. I think the Going Gray threw me off, but am pleased with the results! RECIPE
Stamps: Close As A Memory, Rough Texture Jumbo Wheel
Paper: So Saffron and Rose Red Prints DP, Going Gray, Old Olive, Rose Red, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Rose Red, So Saffron, and Old Olive Markers, Going Gray Classic Ink Pad, Versamark
Embellishments: Silver Brads, Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Jumbo Wheel Handle
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals


This next card was inspired by THIS CARD by kmurray. I loved her unique use of the stamp set, Close As A Memory. I actually designed this card before the card above ... just decided to use the stamp set I already had out on my workstation.
RECIPE
Stamps: Close As A Memory

Paper: Soft Sky Prints DP, Soft Sky and Whisper White CS
Ink: Soft Sky and Basic Gray Classic Ink Pads
Embellishments: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Dew Drops (non-SU)
Supplies: Mini Glue Dots

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is simply beautiful. I love to mat sentiments like you have here under the Whisper White, but I have never thought of using the same color as the card itself like this. So elegant. Thanks for the inspiration!

Bev said...

As much as you "struggled" with the going gray, it really ads sophistication to this card! And since it's a sypathy card it's very apropos.
Both of these cards are just awesome!! :)

Traveling Mama said...

Both cards are absolutely wonderful! Love them!

Melissa said...

Both are SO lovely Nancy! I participated in Kristina's challenge this week too because I thought the colors were so intriguing.....how could I not?!

Many Blessings,
M.

Alex said...

Both are so beautiful Nancy - I just love what you did with Beate's sketch and the second card is so soft and elegant - love them both! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Very simple and elegant. I love it.

chloe said...

TWO BEAUTIFUL CARDS, WELL DONE

pescbrico said...

I like it a lot. We rarely do symapathy card but they are useful even if we would not like it to be.
Have wonderful weekend!

Jayne Mercer said...

This is a beautiful card.

Jayne Mercer said...

This is a beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

I finally gave up on the color challenge, but you rocked it ... love them both.

Dawn Easton said...

Both cards are fabulous Nancy! You pulled that CC off so well in the first one...I think the grey would have thrown me too...but you nailed it once again!

Love the second card for it's softness! Beautiful job!

Bloggy Mama said...

Lovely cards.

Lorri said...

Wow Nancy, these are awesome cards! I don't know how you come up with these, especially the color challenges. I think both cards are exceptional, as all your cards are. TFS!
~Lorri :)

StampMom said...

Serenely beautiful, Nancy -- love the marker coloring on your first card. I'm working on Kristina's challenge right now! :-)

Renée said...

I love both of these cards, Nancy. The going grey threw me too, but I think you've done a wonderful job!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Both are absolutely stunning! Great job incorporating the challenges :)

Diane Gilbert said...

WOW, they are both beautiful!!!! You did good with the gray, love it! The softness of the second card is soooo pretty.

Patsy said...

Your cards are awesome. The color combos look great. I love the softness of the last one. Great artwork.

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty, Nancy, and I think the gray looks wonderful. What a lovely color combo, really. You combined it beautifully with the stamps you chose and Beate's sketch!

Jenn in GA said...

my these are beautiful! i tried beate's sketch challenge, too, but i didn't realize until i viewed yours that i added an extra panel! no wonder i struggled! the second card is a wonderful demonstration of how well matched the dp, ink, and card stock are. the ribbon is the crowning glory. you are truly an artist! fun to see how different two cards can be using the same stamp set.

Stamp With Linz said...

So pretty, those colors are perfect for this card!

Jackie Pedro said...

Nancy, both of these cards are so beautiful. You totally nailed the double challenge card...it's awesome...

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous inspiration card! I like how you incorporated the going gray in your card.

The second card is so lovely. Wonderful sympathy card.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous work on both of these!! I love the colors on the first one!!

Anonymous said...

OMG - Nancy - these are both sooooo gorgeous!!! These are the prettiest *Sympathy* cards I have ever seen!!!

Kriss Huels said...

I keep saying I need this stamp set, and with your two examples, I just have to order it! Both of your sympathy cards are just gorgeous. I love on this one that you've put the muted soft sky flowers behind the saying. Such a touch of elegance!

Lynn Put said...

These are beautiful cards! I love the different pattered backgrounds on the top card for the challenges and the bottom card is so soft and pretty!